Once you have created an opportunity connected to a space, you can add a new event which will create a meeting in the space. Contacts added to the event in Salesforce will be added as participants in the space.
- In Salesforce click on the “New events” tab in an opportunity connected to a Space
- Give the event a name in the “Subject” field
- Set time and date for the event
- Add a contact, either by choosing from the list or by adding a new one. Note that the email field is mandatory for contacts to be added in the space
- Click “Save” and refresh your browser to see the event and the contact added under SP_CE Participants in Salesforce
- When you flip over to SP_CE you will see that the contact has been added in the participants list and the meeting is added in the timeline
Changes (edit, delete) to an event will be updated in the space automatically. Changes made to a meeting in the space are not always translated to the event in Salesforce (only delete and edit time/date). A tips is to alaways make potential changes to events in Salesforce. See this overview for a summary.