With the SP_CE Salesforce integration you will have a branded customer facing portal to your CRM. With the integration a space is created automatically when a new opportunity is created. New events and tasks in Salesforce are automatically added as meetings & todos in the space. If participants come into your space they are added to the opportunity as contacts, you can just sit back an watch it happen. Good bye double work!
Connect Salesforce to SP_CE
To setup the connection between Salesforce and SP_CE:
- Click the link to install the integration package
- Log in to your Salesforce account
- Install the package by choosing “Install for all users”
- Check the box to authorize the SP_CE app
- Click the “Install” button
Connect SP_CE to Salesforce
Once the package is installed and the SP_CE views are set up in Salesforce it’s time to connect SP_CE to Salesforce:
- Go to the Integrations page in SP_CE which you will find under Settings > Integrations
- Find the Salesforce card and click the “Connect” button
- In the popup, scroll down and click the “Allow” button
- In the confirmation popup, click “OK”
Add custom SP_CE tabs to the Salesforce menu (Optional)
It is possible to add custom SP_CE tabs to the menu in Salesforce if you wish to have quick access to SP_CE Meeting Templates, SP_CE Participants and/or SP_CE Space templates. To add a tab, follow these steps:
- In Salesforce click on the pen icon in the top right in the tabs bar to open “Sales App Navigation Items”
- Click the “Add more items” button
- Choose “All” in the left menu
- In the search field type in “spce”
- In the search result, click on the + icon and check all the SP_CE item
- Click “Add nav item”
- Click “Save”
You will now be able to see the selected SP_CE tabs in the menu bar.
Create a space from an opportunity in Salesforce
- In Salesforce go to the Opportunities tab > New Opportunity
- In the popup give the opportunity a name (which will also be the name of the space) and fill in the mandatory fields
- Under the section “Other information” use the “SP_CE Space Template” dropdown to select the template you want to create a space from
- Click “Save”
A new opportunity has been created in Salesforce, if you flip over to SP_CE you will find a new space with the same name.
Add a new event in Salesforce to create a meeting in the space
Once you have created an opportunity connected to a space, you can add a new event which will create a meeting in the space. Contacts added to the event in Salesforce will be added as participants in the space.
- In Salesforce click on the “New events” tab in an opportunity connected to a Space
- Give the event a name in the “Subject” field
- Set time and date for the event
- Add a contact, either by choosing from the list or by adding a new one. Note that the email field is mandatory for contacts to be added in the space
- Click “Save” and refresh your browser to see the event and the contact added under SP_CE Participants in Salesforce
- When you flip over to SP_CE you will see that the contact has been added in the participants list and the meeting is added in the timeline
Changes (edit, delete) to an event will be updated in the space automatically. Changes made to a meeting in the space are not always translated to the event in Salesforce (only delete and edit time/date). A tips is to alaways make potential changes to events in Salesforce. See this overview for a summary.
Create a task in Salesforce to add a todo in the space
Tasks that are created in Salesforce will be added as todo:s in the connected space. If a new contact is assigned to the task it will be added to the space as a participant.
- In Salesforce go to the “New task” tab in the opportunity
- Give the task a name in the “Subject” field
- Set an optional due date
- Add a contact, either by choosing from the list or by adding a new one. Note that the email field is mandatory for contacts to be synced to a space
- Click “Save” and refresh your browser to see the task and the contact added under SP_CE Participants in Salesforce
- When you flip over to SP_CE you will see the contact added in the participants list and new todo activity
For a two way sync between the opportunity and the space, create the tasks in the opportunity and manage them in the space. See this overview for a summary.
Participants in the space are added as contacts in Salesforce
Participants in a space will be automatically added to the opportunity as contacts.
- To add a new participant in the space, go to the “Participants” tab > Click “Add”
- Fill in first name, last name and email address
- Set access level for resources (if it’s activated for your organization)
- Click the “Save” button
If you want to have contacts from Salesforce added to the space, the easiest way is to create events and/or tasks and a participants that way.
Summary of what the integration can do
If you prefer visual images over written text, this section is for you. The infographic serves as a cheat sheet for what scenarios and actions are supported in the SP_CE Salesforce integration.