Want to brand the links to your spaces? With custom subdomains and custom url extensions, you can. Head over to SP_CE settings and type in the subdomain you want for your organization and voila: it will be the prefix to all your external space links. To take it one step further you can add a unique URL extension for each space. Instead of a long string of numbers and figures, add a more suitable name, e.g. “https://companyname.spce.com/product-X”.
Set up a custom domain for your organization
The subdomain is the part of the URL that will be a prefix to all your external space links, instead of https://app.spce.com the link will be https://yourcompany.spce.com
- To setup a subdomain for your organization, go to settings
- Click “Space Settings” (admin access required)
- In the input field under custom domain, fill in the subdomain
- Click the “Save” button
- To check how it looks, head into one of your spaces and press the “Share” button in the top menu
Add a custom url extension to a space link
Once you have a subdomain setup, you can add a custom url extension to each space. The custom url is the part after the trailing slash [/] in the link to a space.
- Go to the settings in the space you want to add a custom URL for by clicking the pen icon (or add it directly when creating a new space)
- Type in a name to replace the long string of numbers and letters in the field named “Custom URL”
- Click the “Save” button in the bottom of the page
- To check how it looks, press the “Share” button in the top menu